• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is anyone fishing?

Cold, snowy, windy weather has limited fishing activity the past couple of days.

I haven't posted anything because I am not fishing now. I get extremely irritated by the ethics of fisherman in this area at late ice and crowding around the shorelines at the staging areas. I don't post anything to contribute to this mess.

It is becoming clearer and clearer that we need slot limits, wanton waste and littering laws enforced.

I'm getting ready and rigged for the open water season which should be in a few days if it would get a little warmer.

[This message has been edited by kevin neve (edited 04-19-2002).]

Kevin, I agree with your opinion on slot limits. I also believe that a select few fisherpeople (and I use the term loosly), are being greedy. Then again, when I look at it, it is a whole lot better than 5,10,15 yrs ago. Personally, I have never kept a walleye over the 2lb range. The only reason for that is because of the way I was taught to fish and hunt. I am not saying I wouldn't consider keeping a 10 or 12 in the spring, but then again I've never had to make that choice. Those people who keep every fish they catch or shoot anything they see are - in my opinion- becoming less and less, but I also believe as we get older, we pay more attention to those people (and well we should). I apologize, Kevin, if I upset you with my question. If you see a guy with a fishing rod in one hand, picking up trash with other while screaming at a bunch of kids--that's me, just trying to pass on the legecy. Don't get down my friend. I truly believe there are more and more of us teaching our kids sportsmanship every day.

------------------
peace-- [email protected]

I'm just getting spring fever. The last couple of days has been tough with the falling temperatures. I pulled my boat out to get it cleaned up and low and behold it has seen 3 and 1 inch snowfalls.

To make conversation...Locals like to blame out of staters for keeping too many fish. In my humble opinion wink.gif locals do do the most harm to most fisheries. They are able to act on the hot bite and know their way to the hot bites.

We had a tough winter for perch again. In general, locals developed a bad attitude and didn't fish as hard as normal during the tougher bite. The key word is hard. Now that we developed a walleye bite late in the season, word got out and there was a steady stream of fisherpeople from the city. Those who fish the hotbite and do not look for their own fish. I get frustrated with those folks. They also like to follow you around in the summer.

The thing about ethics is that we all have our own standards. We (I) get lost in the fact not everyone shares the same thoughts. I appreciate your comments and support and that you could read from my comments that I was down.

Keep on a posten smile.gif

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND