• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carp fishing

Anywhere with low current and in lakes, I REALLY like using corn. High current carp fishing for me usually dictates worms because the corn doesn't stay on the hook as well.

I agree about fishing the cannon, plenty of spots there with more carp than you can count, though I've only ever hooked into one bigger than 5 or 6 lbs (it did happen to almost spool me though! A real nice one). I'd estimate 99% are under 10lbs in the stretch that I fish.

I agree about fishing the cannon, plenty of spots there with more carp than you can count, though I've only ever hooked into one bigger than 5 or 6 lbs (it did happen to almost spool me though! A real nice one). I'd estimate 99% are under 10lbs in the stretch that I fish.

yeah, most of the carp are small. but just like every type of fish, you need to put in the time and effort to find big ones.

i took matt, (IRISHbaseball) to the cannon over the summer in hopes of guideing him to his first smallie and carp, i was sucessful, the same day i had a 10+ pound carp get away at the net. But we only scratched the surface. I've found better places to fish since then. You guys should expect to see his face alot in the photo-sharing thread next year.

The biggest carp i've seen in the cannon was running 25-30 pounds, it cruised by me very fast and i couldn't get it to bite. However i did manage to hook one carp that was probably 20 pounds, but he wrapped my line up in some brush and snapped free frown

here is my biggest cannon river carp, it's nowhere near as big as some of the fish i've seen, but hey, you can't win 'em all....

1000194z.jpg

Great looking fish smile

Yeah I've seen ONE massive carp, a couple of Hmong families were fishing nearby and one of them pulled out what THEY thought was a "30 lber", I would have called it 20 or so, it was really long but not as fat as some that had its length. It was still pretty massive though.

I fished the morristown dam a couple years ago for the silver bass run, but was met with the carp run instead. I literally could've walked across the river on their backs and not gotten my feet wet...and there were lot's of giganto fish below the dam too.

Has anyone ever used the berkley power carp baits? Worth it to use or should I just stick with corn and crawlers?