• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AHHHHH!!!!

Joe15

So I was walking some crp and we (dog and I) jumped this creek. I heard him yelp so i turn and his face is covered in blood. So i look at him some more and its coming out of his nose and he keeps making this sneeze noise evere five second. I'm a little worried. the bleeding stoped but will this affect his nose at all smelling wise?

Check to see if you can see any twig or weed stem stuck up in the nose. If the dog is still sneezing, then there could be something jammed up there.

The wife told me a story about a cat that her coworker has. the cat was playing in some weeds one day and it dove in. Next thing they know the cat is always sneezing. They thought it was allergies, and took it to the vet and tested for a bunch of stuff. Then a few weeks later the cat is sneezing on the couch and all of a sudden this thing is sticking out of her nose. They pull it and it is a stem from a weed about 1 1/2" long that was crammed up its nose constantly tickling the sinus cavity. After that the cat was better, but they were going to take it back to the vet to get some money back because the vet didn't find the problem and look up the nose to begin with. True story...

Take him to the vet and have his nose checked out and make sure there is nothing left in there. If a foxtail seed (or cheatgrass as outlaw mentioned) possibly got lodged up there and is not removed it can be VERY nasty. I know of a few people that had some very tough and expensive experiences with their dogs, I believe all made it through though. The seeds can basically migrate inward/through the dogs body.