• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone shooting Trophy Ridge arrows?

T.O.W

I'm looking at buying some of these Trophy Ridge arrows. Just wondering if anyone has been shooting these and have some comments to share. I know they have a smaller diameter than regular carbon arrows and the inserts are a larger diameter than the shaft but matches the diameter of a regular carbon arrow and takes regular size field tip and broadheads. With the diameter difference I'm wondering if they sit alright in a Hostage Capture arrow rest. Also if you have mixed these arrows with other regular diameter arrows while target shooting, if so, are you noticing any difference in the accuracy because of the slightly smaller diameter shaft. They have a really cool arrow comparison on their HSOforum. Thoughts?

I started shooting the TR arrows this year and have been impressed. They shot nearly the same POI as my CX terminator lite hunters. They are pretty much silent when drawing due to the smooth finish. I don't use a Hostage rest but I would guess you would have to adjust it to fit the smaller diameter arrows unless you are shooting the smaller diameter Eastons. They are supposed to hit harder than normal arrows and be tougher but I have no way of testing for that. I have the wraths which I think are the middle of the road as far as price. I would buy them again.

Thanks huntfish, sounds like a good review. I will have to see if I can adjust my Hostage capture, not sure if that's possible but will take a look. I guess as long as the POI is about the same I will be good to go.

Do they come with 2 or 4 inch vanes?

I haven't had to put any new knocks on them but I was told that the knocks for some of the easton arrows are the same size. If you take an arrow to an archery shop I'm sure they can find one that will fit. If you do find out exactly what knock fits, please let me know also. I like to keep some extras on hand. Its not a problem with the questions.Its a tough decision to make a switch to something like new arrows when something is working already.