• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat and Cold?

woody1975

My boat has been parked at our cabin (outside) since the end of September. We are going up to close the cabin up and hopefully get some fishing in before we pull the boat home to winterize it. My question is what should I do before running the boat after it has been so cold up north? Any concerns? Any preventative action?

Thanks

DL

Nothing out of the ordinary to use it again after it's been cold...

Hopefully your gear case didn't have a major water leak over the summer and you ended up with water in the lower unit, causing a pushed out seal after the cold weather...

I'd make sure to let it warm up a bit before heading out, but you should be just fine.

marine_man