• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Too late to put grass seed down?

mnvikingsfreak

I was wondering if it was too late to put grass seed down? I heard the fall is the best time to do it but I had to wait because I sprayed trimec plus over a month ago. Im going to dethatch the yard next week and I was going to put starter fertilizer and seed down after I do that but if im going to waist my time or wait until spring?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the info guys looks like im going to wait until spring. I am overseeding but I will wait until spring. I have a ton of thatch should I dethatch now and fertlize or should I wait until spring for that too? There will be about 30% bare dirt showing when Im done dethatching.

Thanks

It's a toss up right now. The ground is so wet / soft from all the rain and cool temps we've had for the last week, it won't be much different than if you do it in the spring.

As for the fertilizer, good time, get it down now.

If you have the time, do both now.