• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mark3 and Dark Venue

I shot a swim meet today in what is absolutely the most difficult lighting I have ever faced. OLD florescent lighting and not very bright. Shot the first half with the natural light and the second half bouncing a fill off of the ceiling. Both halves at ISO 3200. With natural light I shot Av @ 2.8 and got anywhere from 1/250th to 1/400 depending on how close to under the lights the swimmer was. With the bounce I shot manual @ 1/250th and f/3.5. Though it was difficult getting the color balance on, I was surprised at how many keepers I got without the flash. The first two are in natural light, the next four were with the bounce. As anyone who has shot swimming can attest to, it's difficult to get much variety in regards to shots. Tried to do some artsy stuff as the meet went on.

swim-1.jpg

swim-2.jpg

swim-3.jpg

swim-4.jpg

swim-5.jpg

swim-6.jpg