• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle(s) In Brooklyn Park

Dellfin

Yeah, I've seen them in nearby Dayton near the river, but it was still a surprise to see one on the roof across the street from my house. My neighbor and I were chatting about it last night and his theory is that we're seeing an increase in eagle population overall due to the environmental impacts of pollutants like DDT finally going away. I guess that makes sense. I wonder if that has anything to do with the increase of Mountain lions and other predators coming back? Either way, it's pretty cool to see this happening so close the the metro. Good stuff.

I would have started looking for another kind of "body", not water, but like a dead deer body or some other dead animal that would draw the attention of these skilled carrion scavengers...?

But whatever the case, it's a pretty unique eagle perch wink

They are coming up out of the Mississippi River Valley (as the Eagle flies it's not too far away). I live in Blaine off University and 10 and see them frequently in my area. Heck I have seen them hanging out in the trees on the pond in my backyard making all the ducks nervous... haha

Right after we moved in I was standing at my patio door looking out over the pond and watched one come down grab a crappie or sunfish and fly off, that's when I knew we bought the right house.

RU