• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Tree Climber

Shwangman

I have not tried Summit or Lone Wolf myself. I currently have an Ol Man climber. They do not even make the model i have anymore. The platform is carbon and the upper is all alluminum. It packs up very flat, is very easy to use and is the most comfortable thing i have ever sat in, period. The mesh seat is absolutely the greatest. I sit all day, all the time during the rut and have never gotten uncomfortable other than geting cold. The top can be flipped one way to have a raised gun rest or flip it the other way and you have a shoot through front with a foot rest. I absolutley love it. I have had it for about 8 years now and i use the heck out of it. I just ordered some replacement bushings for the arms and some new straps but other than that it is in excellent condition and i honestly cannot see myself ever getting something else. If i were to pick one downfall to it it would be the whole leveling thing. You pretty much have to guess right at the bottom of the tree, because doing it when up at the height you will be hunting at is difficult and dangerous. They make some models out there now that have a dial that you just turn to achieve level when in the tree. This sure seems to be slick. Anyone ever use something with that? How did it work? I know Timber Tall Treestands makes one that is only 14.5 pounds and it has the leveling system. Looks pretty nice. I really like the looks and sound of the Lone Wolf but i just cannot believe it is that comfortable to sit in. The thin foam seat jsut does not look comfortable to me. Are the ones with tthe sling style seat quiet? I have had similar sling style seats on fixed position stands and found them to be very noisy. I guess i would not know until i try though. At the same time, i am happy with what i have so i will probably just stick with it. I think because of the recall issue Ol Man had they lost alot of recognition. They still sell stands and i think they are worth a look. They make all aluminum models that are very light and at a pretty good price.

I used my new Lone Wolf for the first time this weekend.

In regards to climbing in it, its a very easy one to use.

As far as sitting in it for an extended period of time, this seat is the most comfortable one I have ever used. It does not look to be comfy but it is very comfy. It was like sitting in my recliner at home.

The stand construction is great. I stood up numerous times on the corners and middle to try and get it to squeek or make some noise. Nothing and I am a very big guy.

This stand also packs nice and lays as flat as anything I own now or better.

I would give this stand the thumbs up in all aspects of using a climber.

I have used many different brand climbers in the past 20 years and for me, nothing will outdue this climber. I do not know what they could do to improve this stand as it was a 10 as far as I'm concerned.

Just my humble opinion of course.