• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

don't be intimidated!

When I think back to when I first started ice fishing "solo" I remember feeling like the underdog. Every time I went to the baitshop it was full of bearded guys wearing fur hats. I bought myself a fur hat and didn't let anyone tell me I couldn't keep up with the big guys. I started out ice fishing by driving my snowmobile to where a house had been for the weekend. I chopped the half frozen holes open because I didn't know how to use an auger. I carried the minnow bucket in my lap and had my infant son hang on to our make shift fishing poles. Now I have 2 Strikemaster augers and can punch a hole in no time! My minnows, vexilar, jig rods, and Mr. Heater all fit nicely in my fish trap. I had to learn by doing. If I can do it, so can you!

Lisa you sound like a well equipped gall! Lot's of toy's, I can dig it!

You Forgot to mention if ya had a fish'n partner though?

YES RICK???

OK,---- I'll behave!

smile.gif

I sent word to a few fish'n gall pall's of mine to check in on this forum, hope to see them here soon!

Good fish'n to ya!

Backwater Eddy.........><,,>

------------------
"Backwater Eddy"
Backwater guide service
"Ed on the RED"
[email protected]
701-671-3079

Backwater, Backwater, Backwater....let you loose on another board for just a second and your here looking for a date..LOL

Read it again my friend..she said she fishes with her son. That's her partner!!

You kill me!

Lisa, nice story. It may just motivate some gals who are less than eager to venture out on their own..;-)

Juls

JULS-JULS-JULS-JULS-JULS?

Now what would give ya that idea, you know I am taken.

Wanda Walleye is the jealous type so don't go getting me in even MORE trouble now, OK?

smile.gif

BE.....><,,>

Hey, Eddy, anytime you and Wanda can get away for some big lake walleyes, give me a call! I'm sure baitboy would point us in the right direction!

Juls, Thanks for the kind words! I love the area I live in and all the things I can do here. Sharing that information with those who want to learn makes it all the better!

Good fishing!!

Lisa I will let you in on a inside secret.

Wanda, she is a 36" Walleye that is out there waiting for me, somewhere in the night.

Ahab had his "Moby Dick" the giant white whale, Eddy has his Wanda the "SUMO MAXI PIGGY WALLEYE", same passion and just about as impossible to find.

I don't plan on harpooning Wanda though! I will be happy with a photo.

ARR-DE-ARR-ARRR tharrr.... she blow's!!

smile.gif
....................><, ,>

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
"ED ON THE RED"
1-701-671-3079

Hi, Lisa. Backwater Eddy told me to drop in here and check it out. I'm not much for ice fishing... brrrrr... but we're planning a little excursion later on this month. I fish
the upstate New York area. I know exactly what you mean about, "The Look," I get it all
the time in the fishing section of department stores. It's gotta old so it's not intimidating anymore.

Ness,

I'm glad to hear there are other female anglers that have similar experiences!

If your fishing excursion brings you to the Mille Lacs area, let me know. ( Maybe we can raise a few eyebrows with our buckets full of fish!)

Question: Do you ice fish in your neck of the woods? If you do, what do you catch?

Hi, Lisa. I'm planning to get together with some friends from Pa. to do a little ice fishing the end of this month. I've only gone once and that was a long time ago. I'm looking forward to this excursion because cabin fever is fast setting in. We'll probably fish Canadarago Lake. I'll let you know how we make out