• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any FMers fishing FLW?

hanson

Not only does the host community have to put up some money they have to have housing facilities for the 150 teams and family, plus there has to be a fishery that can take on that kind of pressure on top of the existing action. Add it all up and there aren't that many places that can host this size of tournement.

I think Duluth more than fits the bill. Problem is the 2 fish limit in the river but Lake Superior adds a whole new dimension.

Thats the only problem I see with our area, fish are as big as Erie, plenty of supporters in our area....Amsoil, Gander, etc....

I'm not so sure. Duluth is known, at least in Minnesota as a very anti business town. So I wouldn't expect any support from the city itself. In fact I would expect the opposite. Then there's always the fringe groups. Also, maybe it's time for the DNR to look at upping the 2 fish limit. (yeah, that will happen.) If I remember correctly the 2 fish limit was suppose to be a temporary fix.

I know that the support from businesses and locals would be there. The area is a natural to support such an event. Plenty of rooms, campgrounds etc. Good travel into and out of the area.

The beauty of AIM is that they could fish a body of water like the St. Louis and not have to worry about the 2 fish limit. With CRR, all fish are released after being recorded by digital camera and on paper by each pro and co-angler.

This will allow the best fish caught to win on any body of water. Even with tough restrictions, such as small bag limits or slot limits.

Truthfully, more tournaments should be run like this. Especially in summer with high water temps and such.

Gunflint,

Me too on the AIM deal. To me, their set-up is the right way to go in the tournament realm of fishing. A lot better PR and overall makes it a fair game on the water for all fishers. The biggest fish will win on any body of water.

For Gary guiding, yup, he will be doing some trips. I would think, if your into walleyes and looking to learn the way of the walleye, a trip with him would be very educational in this aspect. Very educational!!! From reading electronics and finding fish or eliminating water to the array of tactics he has in his arsenal, you will definately learn something. Have fished with Gary quite a few times and he is very much on top of his game and I have learned tons from him..

If it was in the budget, I'd much rather spend a day fishing with Parsons than fishing as a co-angler in a big tourney. You couldn't help but come away with an education no matter what level you're at.

That's why I said if it was in the budget. I feel the same way about fishing as a co-angler in big money tournaments. Unless you can guarantee me a big name I'd rather fish it as a pro and take a shot.

no doubt 600 dollars a day is way too much you can go fishing with the griz for around 300. Youre not going to learn as much because all he does is jig but he puts a lot of fish in the boat.