Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrawlerKing

Hydraulic Steering

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for information about adding hydraulic steering to my 1800 pro-v tiller that has a 90 yamaha....looking for pros and cons why I should or shouldn't do this. I've heard there are different systems available, but not knowledgeable about the options. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Engine Steer by Merten's is likely the system you are looking for. There are a couple of places in the metro that will install them. Last I checked around $1200 for the non-powered system. Mercury bought the powered version but I have heard there are still a few components left to build a powered set up.

-Pros, makes steering a tiller a breeze, easier on the body, I think safer running.

-Cons, cost, dealer install only (insurance), have heard of some issues in cold weather (fixed I believe).

I have the Merten's power system on my 150 yam. and am completely impressed! I have total confidence with this system at any speed, lakes conditions etc. as dbl states merc. bought the power system but he was allowed to sell out what he had. I don't know if I am allowed say here who put mine on. With a 90 you may be able to get by with the the non power version