Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hookjunior

new guy question

4 posts in this topic

Just wanted to thank everyone one for the great info I have already gotten by browsing the other topics. I am new to this forum and have only been fishing channel cats for the last two years. My brother and I want to make a trip this year to try and catch some flat heads, and I was wondering if anybody could tell me how far up the Minnesota river they are or if there is a better place for a first timer to try.

I fish around the carver area and do fairly well. gotten a few around 40 pounds in the last year

My brother and I want to make a trip this year to try and catch some flat heads, and I was wondering if anybody could tell me how far up the Minnesota river they are or if there is a better place for a first timer to try.

Granite Falls/Redwood Falls... pretty much the entire river has them in it. I wouldn't necessarily say one area is "better" either, you have good productive spots all over the place.

Thanks for the info, Granite and Redwood would be great since it wouldn't be that long of a trip.