Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hookjunior

new guy question

4 posts in this topic

Just wanted to thank everyone one for the great info I have already gotten by browsing the other topics. I am new to this forum and have only been fishing channel cats for the last two years. My brother and I want to make a trip this year to try and catch some flat heads, and I was wondering if anybody could tell me how far up the Minnesota river they are or if there is a better place for a first timer to try.

I fish around the carver area and do fairly well. gotten a few around 40 pounds in the last year

My brother and I want to make a trip this year to try and catch some flat heads, and I was wondering if anybody could tell me how far up the Minnesota river they are or if there is a better place for a first timer to try.

Granite Falls/Redwood Falls... pretty much the entire river has them in it. I wouldn't necessarily say one area is "better" either, you have good productive spots all over the place.

Thanks for the info, Granite and Redwood would be great since it wouldn't be that long of a trip.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   (Really needs to pay more attention to what the trulolo singer is actually saying..)      
    •   Because you have an affinity for such things??..    No, seriously, you need to take a good look at your browser's advanced settings.  Some browsers can be set so they will automatically wipe your cookies and search history every time you shut the browser down.  Not sure which browsers have this capability, but the one I use is Epic.    
    •   If we retrace what happened to get Obamacare passed in the first place, we need to remember the narrative that was used by the Democrats that there were 49 million Americans with no insurance.  Now they are saying 24 million Americans will lose their insurance if the law is struck down.  So I'm taking that to mean they actually got 24 million people to sign up in the exchanges under the law after 7 years.  So about as "successful" as the REAL ID Act...   Between the healthcare industry, big pharma, and the insurance industry, somewhere between $300 and $400 million was spent in lobbying to get the ACA passed.   The Koch brothers are pledging $300 to $400 million in the 2018 election cycle to strike the legislation down, and have also stated they will not support any politician in the future who votes for Ryan-Care.   It's how things work in the real world, like it, or not....
    •   Can anyone explain why I get ads here for dating sites with a picture of a big busted older woman   or Russian and oriental girls looking for marriage when I don't even go on those sites?
    •    In a  free market, ObamaCare would have collapsed two years ago. And all the promises made regarding it are and have been falling apart.   But government does not let boondoggles collapse. ObamaCare will be funded, unfortunately, with more debt and printing to keep it and all it's problems on life support   Think "too big to fail" and QE    
    •   Nunes Backs Down From Assertion Trump Was Monitored   Keep reading your fake news Uncle Bill. Also Nunes canned the next committee hearing on Russia. He is basically a Trump crony at this point, trying his best to obstruct the committees investigation.   There's Trump's transition team. Now go back and watch the Comey hearing. I think you will hear a certain 2 GOP representatives who are only worried about who is leaking intelligence rather than what the intelligence says (or literally the exact same thing Trump says).
    •   They could for example sell the information to your insurance company that would promptly adjust your rates if you showed a tendency toward unhealthy behaviors. It doesn't take much imagination.   There is actually a plan to fight this one. The goal is to crowd source some funding, then purchase the data for congressmen and publish them all to the public.     
    • Ah......the wet dream again.  To make varsity, you have to keep your material fresh and creative. While everyone else is playing Chess, you are still playing Boggle.
    • Maybe you could ask Rick for some HSO decals to go on the front of those bad boys eh?    All kidding aside, nice work.
  • Our Sponsors