Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mozy

MarCum 3-stage charger/battery indicator

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone used one? I just purchased a VX-1 the other day, and one of my gripes is that there isn't a battery life indicator. MarCum sell the digital indicator with the 3-stage charging system, and it looks nice, but what exactly is the 3-stage system? I think I'll get one, but it would be nice to know how well they work before I put down $30 on one.

Marcum's Digital Charging System charges the battery. When the battery is fully charged, it shuts off. When needed, the DCS goes into trickle charge and maintains the battery's charge, keeping it fully charged. When the charger is unplugged, the LCD display shows the charge left (life) of the battery. A nice system.

I had a problem finding the 3 stage charger locally and I lack patience so I did come across a bc150 from Marcum that has a power indicator, not sure what else it does but all I really wanted was power indicator

3 stage charge basically means it starts off slow, then goes into high power charge, and then goes into trickle charge when battery gets close to full charge. This way it prolongs the life of the battery.