• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Steelhead!!

Hi all! I am a native of the syracuse area now living, and fishing, in minnesota. i think its so cool that there is a new york forum on this site! and that people from new york have found it and used it! anyway, i wanted to share some pics of my uncle and cousins recent catches there in northern new york. they are great fly guys, and someday i will learn!

It is indeed the salmon river. I havent been there myself, but i sure hope to someday. alot of people here in minnesota who have never been to northern new york, would never believe that these fish came from there! you know, the entire state of new york is buildings and concrete!! hehe!

Yep, thats deffinatly the "barrel hole". A tough spot to fish as its packed with steelies and usually 2-3 boats and 2-3 dozen yahoos. The loweer end of the "schoolhouse" pool in the far backround is a sweet spot...

Heres a few SR chromers on the flyrod...

mybigsteelut2.jpg

dadsteelhead07vw8.jpg

jaysteel07km3.jpg

My buddies that fish the river religiously have been haveing a banner fall and winter...

Nice fish you got there! Thanks for sharing your pics! I don't fish the river , myself, all trolling on the lake for me,But it is one of my idle "threats" to my wife, when she's gut something to say like"your going deer hunting , again?" "you already shot 5!" My response is "Don't MAKE me start steelhead fishing ! or ELK hunting!"