• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury 125 or NOT??

Joe Suits

Question

Hello everyone, I was thinking of getting a Mercury 125 but after reading the postings by Jody and some of the answers, I'm not so sure now. I know if I call a dealer and or Mercury they will tell me "best motor on the water" Hopefully I get a few more opinions than Jody has gotten so far?
Thanx guys,

2 answers to this question

Or not! If I was buying a new boat, a new Merc would be close to the bottom of the list in terms of motor perference. I would seriously look at a 4-stroke first otherwise the top end Yami's

1st Honda
A very close 2nd Yahmaha
3rd Johnson/Evinrude
4th Merc

their is nothing wrong with the 125!! Excellent motor for the money!! I currently run a 90 horse merc! I am going on my 5th seaason with it ! Excellent power and fuel consumption and also starts like a dream! And currently I am still fishing in 20 degree weather and it starts great! I am not pushing merc but this is the third one Ive owned!!