Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jethro80

Zercom clearwater classic

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone still use these? I bought one for a really good deal and the only thing its good for is finding depth, can't see fish, can't see the bait. Am I using the wrong transducer?

Could be a week battery. I have 2 Zercams. I had trouble with 1 of the transducers, it would only show the bottum. I got a new 1 through Hummingbird.

So... Did it correct the problem? How do you like it overall? DOes anyone know if I can get one locally? (Twin Cities)

I still use mine and its going on 10 years old w/o a hitch. I use mine for pannies and walleyes. I can easily see #10 fatboy without needing to go to full power. The target separation on the bottom is my only complaint (I call it my "happy bottom" when something comes through tight to the bottom of the lake).

The ducer fixed the problem. If I remember right, I got the contact info from cabelas. it was about 3-4 years ago.

I gave up on the unit. Didn't want to invest in a "possible" fix so I am biting the bullet and gettin a vx1.(I think)Many thanks for the info