• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stillwater Area?

Jordyn Kaufer

Well I was wondering if anyone knows of some good slab and pannie lakes aroung this area. My parents said that they would be willing to drive about 20-30minutes to get me somewhere.

Any info on where to go would be greatly appreciated and I will post pictures of what I get out there.

Thanks!!

Kauf

Jordyn,

I don't think you'll find too many people ready to open their mouths or keyboards to give you their "slab" panfish lakes, but if you are willing to pull out a map and try some new spots you might find a few nice lakes. I have some favorites in Washington and Chisago counties...Spend some time looking at a map, getting away from population centers, hitting small bodies of water, pre-scouting lakes and structure on those lakes, and you may find success.

Sometimes it's all the more sweeter to do-it-yourself. Good luck.

Thanks dachise.

My friends grandma has a private lake filled with hand sized sunnies near my house. I am going to go there whenever he does but he only goes there once a week and i want to get out more than that. I have looked on the DNR compass thing and have found 1 or 2 lakes that might produce some ok pannies. I have jsut never ice fished before and I am just really unsure of where to go nd what to use. I was hoping that there is a metro GTG or someone to go with on a metro lake near Stillwater so I can get the hang of ice fishing and get some good tips. And I have no idea where to start when I get onto a lake. I'm not sure what to look for or where to go...

Should I just pop a few holes in the ice and stick my vex down it or what??

Thanks,

Kauf