Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa Almquist

Hunting Licenses and BOW

The way I read the DNR regs. is that since I was born before Dec. 31, 1979, I don't need a hunting license.

Another VERY cool thing I found on the DNR HSOforum was called BOW-Becoming an Outdoor Woman. Here's the link! I copied this from the webpage too:

"Becoming an Outdoors-Woman in Minnesota is a program which focuses on the teaching of outdoor skills usually associated with hunting, fishing, and other outdoor pursuits. It is designed primarily for woman 18 years of age and older. The B.O.W. program offers activities through half-day clinics and weekend workshops. This program is for you if you meet one of the following:

You have never tried the activity but would like the opportunity to learn some basic skills of an activity.

You consider yourself a beginner who hopes to learn the basic skills.

You consider yourself an intermediate but would like to improve your skills or try your hand at some new activities.

You consider yourself advanced in outdoor skills and would like to acquire additional techniques.

You are just looking for the camaraderie of like-minded individuals and an opportunity for a wonderful getaway from the daily stresses."

Just some info if anyone's interested since I've never heard of this program before. Has anyone else attended any of these clinics or events?

As far as becoming an outdoors-woman I was that before I got married --and then he said "Don't you have some housework to do??

Every woman should know how to hunt or handle a gun and fish - you never know when those skills will be needed- kinda like cooking & sewing!!

As far as becoming an outdoors-woman I was that before I got married --and then he said "Don't you have some housework to do??

Every woman should know how to hunt or handle a gun and fish - you never know when those skills will be needed- kinda like cooking & sewing!!

So then like my mother believed, every man should know how to sew and cook, cause he never knows when he might need those skills. Both my brothers knew how to sew and cook, but neither of them hunted.

Good for your mom. Its too bad that alot of mothers never teach the sons that, the basic survival skills, it just another job we wives have to do I guess. Although I've taught mine where he can get along pretty good without me. UH OH , anyway it seemed like a good thing at the time!