Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lisa Almquist

Hunting Licenses and BOW

6 posts in this topic

The way I read the DNR regs. is that since I was born before Dec. 31, 1979, I don't need a hunting license.

Another VERY cool thing I found on the DNR HSOforum was called BOW-Becoming an Outdoor Woman. Here's the link! I copied this from the webpage too:

"Becoming an Outdoors-Woman in Minnesota is a program which focuses on the teaching of outdoor skills usually associated with hunting, fishing, and other outdoor pursuits. It is designed primarily for woman 18 years of age and older. The B.O.W. program offers activities through half-day clinics and weekend workshops. This program is for you if you meet one of the following:

You have never tried the activity but would like the opportunity to learn some basic skills of an activity.

You consider yourself a beginner who hopes to learn the basic skills.

You consider yourself an intermediate but would like to improve your skills or try your hand at some new activities.

You consider yourself advanced in outdoor skills and would like to acquire additional techniques.

You are just looking for the camaraderie of like-minded individuals and an opportunity for a wonderful getaway from the daily stresses."

Just some info if anyone's interested since I've never heard of this program before. Has anyone else attended any of these clinics or events?

As far as becoming an outdoors-woman I was that before I got married --and then he said "Don't you have some housework to do??

Every woman should know how to hunt or handle a gun and fish - you never know when those skills will be needed- kinda like cooking & sewing!!

You are absolutely right about the actual license-I do need to purchase one if I want to hunt. I don't need the gun safety class in order to get the license though.

As far as becoming an outdoors-woman I was that before I got married --and then he said "Don't you have some housework to do??

Every woman should know how to hunt or handle a gun and fish - you never know when those skills will be needed- kinda like cooking & sewing!!

So then like my mother believed, every man should know how to sew and cook, cause he never knows when he might need those skills. Both my brothers knew how to sew and cook, but neither of them hunted.

Good for your mom. Its too bad that alot of mothers never teach the sons that, the basic survival skills, it just another job we wives have to do I guess. Although I've taught mine where he can get along pretty good without me. UH OH , anyway it seemed like a good thing at the time!