• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All Pro Heater won't lite

Shwangman

Question

I have a All Pro Heater that I purchased on Craig's list a while back and it has worked up until yesterday. It will start but it won't lite to start the fire going inside the tube and it will run for a few seconds and then shut itself doewn. I took the filters out today and washed them out with soap and water and it was black so, I'm hoping that might do the trick but I'm not holding my breathe. I could take it in and get it fix but by the time I do that, i could probably buy a new one and with no instruction or parts books, it makes it tough.I know the unit has a wick sompeplace and maybe that needs replacing, if I knew where to look. I have no idea how old it is, I tried to goggle a site to down load instructions but could not find the SPC K100 listed. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Ken

2 answers to this question

I'm not shure about All Pro but on some there should be a sail switch in the back by the fan. the switch moves by the fan blowing it. the switches fuction is to not let the furnace light if the fan is'nt running for safty reasons.

what can happen is the switch get stuck because of cobwebs.

this is what happend to me.

good luck