• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawn tractor engine problems.....

311Hemi

Had the tractor out last night trying to complete a last minute mow on the yard. Got half way around the yard and the engine just died....with a decent amount of smoke. I got it started again and it ran for a few seconds and then died again...this time with a lot more smoke. I am thinking the rings may be bad...although I have not had a chance to test the compression on it yet. I did use it this summer probably 3-4 times to do that yard....although I always felt like it was not running right at times.

It's a 15hp Kholer engine on a newer Yard Man lawn tractor. I changed oil/oil filter, gas lines/filter, and cleaned the carb this spring (old gas had turned solid in the gas lines from sitting). I just got this from a friend and it had been previously sitting on a farm for a couple years without being run.

Any thoughts?