• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Small Munsterlander Pointer/Retriever

196thDLR

Researching dog breeds, led me to take a closer look at this breed, Small Munsterlanders. SM's seem to be a breed that is not very well known. I do not think I have ever seen a posting on one. The internet has given me a lot of info on this breed, but, I am now looking for someone out there that owns one. If you own one, would you recommend the breed as a family dog/hunting partner? Are they high strung & etc?

The founding father of Mn NAVHDA is Bill Jensen. He now lives up between Dalbo & Milaca. Give him a call. He would have judged or seen the local SMP breeders stuff, I'm sure; or give you imput on who to talk to. It is a rare breed.

A friend of mine that I hunt with has two of them. They're excellent hunting dogs, great noses, and hunt similar to the other pointing breeds. If you're looking for a pointer, I think they're good dogs and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to own one if I was looking for a pointer. Just be sure to get one that has been well bred. I believe their national association endorses breedings that meet a certain standard, but you would need to look into that further. Hope this helps.