• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help please

I just got a call today asking me to go work near spencer iowa. I will be headed out tuesday and starting work on wednesday.My issue with this is minnesota deer season starts saturday so I will be missing most of the season. I will be bringing my shotgun, rifle, and muzzleloader as well as a bow.

I am hoping someone can help me with land to hunt for pheasant and or deer. Public or private doesnt matter as long as it wont be a waste of time since I will only have 1 or 2 days off a week. Thanks

Lots of public ground around Spencer, Dickenson county alone has something like 40,000+ acres of public hunting ground. IGL's are also great fishing don't forget to bring a pole. I live 15 miles north of there in Milford be happy to show you around or answer any questions. Not much into hunting anymore but good pheasant hunting in the area.

All Iowa is shotgun but being your a non res unless you applied for a tag your SOL. I think applications are due in April. Plenty of birds to chase but get pressured. I would bring the rods and forget the hunting LOL Great fishing year round if thats your thing. Walleyes, smallmouth, muskies and about everything else. Great ice fishing for giant gills sight fishing. Can't beat gin clear water for ice fishing.

May want to add the auger and ice shack to the list LOL. What kind of work are you doing down here? Plenty of shore access, eyes have been being had by the guys wading and fishing the bridges in the evenings. I'm on the lake every weekend mainly after the elusive muskie but a guy gets hungery at times and I'll fish for supper.