• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buck Grunts

I watched the buck growl video and all 4 of us said we had never heard such a thing made by a buck in the wild. Well, we did this past weekend. A big buck with 3 does was out from us in the brush and 2 of the guys in my party said they heard the buck doing that growl. The one guy said it couldn't have been more then 50 yds away in the swamp. He said it scared the [PoorWordUsage] out of him. I will be trying it out more now that some of our guys have heard it.

Good luck!

So I supposed I should follow up on the thread I started... Sunday morning I was 'hunting' with my wife. I say hunting, because I really wasn't - I was more there to do the leg work (i.e. calling, cleaning and hauling) so she could enjoy getting her first ever whitetail (which unfortunately she didn't). But I digress...

So I am sitting a few yards away from her and I grunted twice. A few seconds later, I heard a single grunt from about 50 yards away inside the woodline. I waited a few seconds and grunted twice again. I never heard nor saw that deer again.

Did I do something wrong? Should I not have grunted? Should I only have grunted once? Should I have bleated at him with my doe bleat?

What are your thoughts?