• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting/Game Preserve

I live in Bloomington and am looking for a game preserve to supplement my normal pheasant hunting trips to the family land in Central MN. I have a baby at home now, and that limits how many times I can get out and for how long. Any recommendations? I'd like to keep it w/in an hour, otherwise I might as well drive the extra hour and hunt the family land for free. If they have a trap range, that would be a bonus!

Any input/suggestions would be appreciated!

CJH

I would recommend the MN Horse and Hunt Club in Prior Lake. I have been a member for a couple years. They have excellent fields, five sporting clay courses, skeet, and five stand. They also have two rifle ranges - one of which is up to 300 yards - and a pistol range. They also have ponds/slews that they allow waterfowl hunting during the season (all Federal and State regulations apply). If shooting rifle and sporties are of no interest, I would recommend Traxlers in LeCenter. They have great fields (no scratch hunting), great service, and a pistol range (they do have a use fee). Traxlers is less money, but it takes me at least a 1/2 hour longer to drive there. For my money, the MHHC is a better deal.

Just an example:

I had to walk the dog yesterday after work. I put him in the truck, tossed in the 20 ga. and headed down to the MHHC. 20 minutes later I was there, walking the dog through sorgum. When the walk was finished, the dog was tired and we had two roosters to show for it!!!

If you have any questions regarding these clubs you can email me at: [email protected]

Thanks for the info fishwithteeth. That's exactly the type of info I was looking for. I am on the west side of Bloomington, right off of 169, so that shouldn't be that long of a drive to MHHC.

Sounds like you had a nice "walk"! Sounds like a good way to wind down at the end of the day!!

If I do have any questions, I will send you an email.

Thanks again!

CJH