• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loose reel frame on a Luna

cjac

I have a Luna that the frame is loose on the reel seat mount, so the frame has play on it. I know there are the two rivets that attach the frame to the steel seating bar, is there any way to fix this?

Structurally, I think it's OK, but its enough that I can feel the play on a cast and the slight wobble on the retrieve.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris I think you should contact manufacture about the problem, I'm guessing they will stand behind their product and hook you up. Otherwise what about tapping a phillips head screw driver down on the side of the rivets with the dimples and having a hard surface behind the other side, it just might tighten it up like you would like. If this makes sense. Or is there anyway you could get a vise grip in there to pinch it off?

Both my partners have their Lunas in the shop, the first 1 was gone almost 6 weeks for an anti reverse bearing. Same things wrong with the 2nd. BTW a buddy blew up my Okuma and took them 6 days with shipping to send it in and get it back and even covered repairs under warrenty even though they knew I got it used. Now to keep it out of their hands since they like it more than their Lunas grin Thanks Chris

Next time you guys have a problem with a reel, such as an anti reverse bearing, let me know. If you can get the parts, I can fix that stuff for you free. I have been doing a lot of reel maintenance and it is pretty easy if you have the patience. The rivits I probably can't fix at home, but the internals I have gotten pretty good with.