• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cream Colored Golden Retriever Questions

Weed Shark

There is a cream colored golden retriever available. I'm considering buying it...I'm not sure how seriously. The wife of the couple who own it now never owned dogs before, and doesn't like it in the house. I could get it for a song.

My wife likes how mellow it is. I would want to hunt it, but this couple doesn't hunt so it’s had no training yet, although it is just under a year old. Any thoughts? What are the differences between Golden Retrievers and the cream colored counterpart? A friend said they run a little smaller.

Hair color had no bearing what-so-ever on size and or hunting ability. It is just hair color.... no different than black labs vs. yellow labs. If it is around a year old, you are more or less looking at it's full size. Mostly just some filling out to do.

What kind of breeding it came from will make all the difference. Was it from trial or gun dog breedings or jsut pet and/or show lines. You can always take a frozen or live pigeon over to see if it has any desire to chase it or carry it. You will have to work at a slower pace with an older dog to expose it to gun fire and birds etc. But at a year, it is definitley in the doable range if she has the desire to be a hunting dog.

Good Luck!

Ken