• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hiking boots

picksbigwagon

Okay my old hiking boots are ready for the recycling heap. I had a couple options I was thinking of until the bride today announced she would gladly buy me the boots for my birthday, so that unlocked a few more options (rather spend her money than Mine!!!!!!!) I bought a pair of danner pronghorns last year and love them, and would like to go with danners in the hiking boots.

one model is lighter in weight and cannot be resoled, the other pair is heavy, about a pound more in weight, but they can be resoled.

My use for these boots will be working in the woods, some upland hunting in warm weather and cooler weather fishing in the boat. My gut says go with the heavier pair. simply for the resoling issue. And yes, I would have resoled my second to last pair of hiking boots if it would have possible.

Other brands I should be looking at? I tried on a pair of Keens, but those things are ugly, which doesn't bother me, but my wife has issues with that.......