• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

does any one know of any public feilds with short enough grass or cropp land where i could get some goose decoys in and possibly get some to land? i am looking for land within about 30 miles of Lakeville (south metro). Thanks, any help with be greatly appriciated!

there is a really small public field south of stillwater it was corn last year... they only harvest half the field.

carlos avery might have some but it could be within refuge areas. get online and do some homework www.dnr.state.mn.us search the site for "recreation compass" you can use that to search by city and drag etc. until you find clearly marked WMAs.

then you can click on the "i" icon on the top toolbar... then just click on the WMA you want "info" about and you can view regulation info and an interactive map. On this map crop lands are clearly marked as darked brown so you can see "public fields" Good Luck and Good Hunting

To be honest, to expect anything worth while w/in 30 miles of Lakeville as far as public field hunting goes,,, good luck...

You need to put some miles under your butt and do some scouting and get to knocking on some doors of landowners. Its not cheap or easy.

If you are willing to hunt water you might get a little more lucky and not have to drive so far, but often you are crowded, have to time the migration, or will have a tough time replicating the numbers that can be stacked up on a good wheat field this time of year.

Good hunters don't just have cool gear, they usually they are the most dedicated hard scouting bunch out there. Or.. they are like my friends and they just cling on and let me run around like an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly and find all the "ins" for them...