• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question on lead shot use

Straight from the Minnesota hunting and trapping regulations handbook: "Lead shot may be used statewide for hunting other small game in accordance with firearms restrictions in this booklet, except in federal Wildlife Refuges and Waterfowl Production Areas, and when hunting doves on posted dove fields in certain WMAs (see page 55)."

I'm making the assumption you are talking small game since you posted in the small game forum; lead is banned for use in waterfowl hunting. With the price of lead and steel comparatively similar, why not just go leadfree in 2008?

Same here, I use steele 100% of the time!!! Not only do i beleive that i hit just as much but I tend to either hit or miss so the lead/steel argument doesnt go for me. Plus when bird hunting I am in all kinds of area, grass, feilds, marsh and slough(SP?). So steele it is for me!!!