• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which underwater camera would you get?

luv2fish

I have had my Aquaview Scout for 3 years now, and it is time to upgrade. I am debating which route to go. I am debating hard between a VS460 and a VS820. From what I read the 820 is very clear with the LCD screen and newer camera technology. But I really like the option of rotating the camera around with the touch of a button in the 460. I will mainly be using in my permanent house with multiple holes. I guess I am wondering if there are folks out there that have used both, cause I really want to know if the VS820 is that much clearer?

I got the ok from my better half to sell the scout and pick one of these 2 up, I just need to figure out how much the scout is worth and which of the new cameras I want.

Thanks!

Anyone have any thoughts? I really like the ability to rotate the camera in the permanent house with the 460/560. But how much better is the picture with the 820/825? I will have to figure out if it is worth it to get the rotating part. But if the newer ones blow away the older ones picture, than I might go with that.

Thanks.

I heard the 360 degree rotating cameras will be discontinued soon since nature vision bought Marcum. If you want a camera like that you better hurry up and buy one. A romote rotatable camera was always a good idea in my book. I have an AV Scout2 camera because I didn't want to spend a lot of $$$ and the Marcum camera I tried to buy didn't work out of the box so I took it back and got the AV cam. For icefishing I usually downview and look at my lure.