• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Door/lock on Alumacraft

Scoot

Question

One of the locks on my Alumacraft's side-panel doors (the door for the rod locker) went to pot this summer. I'd like to replace it. Anyone know if the locks are replacable or if I need to replace the door? This seems like a stupid question, but the locks are so chincy I'm skeptical that they can be replace and still be sturdy.
If you can replace the lock or the door I'd imagine Alumacraft gets a small fortune for either- any other option for this?
Thanks,
Scoot

16 answers to this question

We have the same boat, so I know what you're talking about. I broke one of my locks too, but I was able to fix it (it completely went capoooey and into pieces). I don't recall what I did, but there's a lot of "Goop" holding things together! Goop glue is my best friend in the boat.
What part broke....the whole thing or just a part on the unit?

You can get a replacement lock...they aren't cheap! I looked into it at the dealer, and then I ended up fixing it myself after I looked at it closely and found the problem. I've had the entire lock mechanism pull right out with the key when trying to lock the doors shut. Lots of chinsy parts on those model boats. Today, they have a lot better parts in the new models.

[This message has been edited by CD (edited 10-04-2002).]

I'm having the same trouble with one of my storage area doors. A buddy of mine didn't know it was locked and wrenched on the handle so much that it broke the whole mechanism.

I may be interested in some parts....but not til next spring, cause she's in storage now.

Valv,

I'd forgotten about this. I checked out the link and didn't see locks. Is it the whole door with the lock in it that you're referring to?
Thanks for posting this- I gotta fix it!
Scoot

For right now, the boat's in storage. We tried to get in there a couple of weeks ago and the doors are frozen completely shut. Salt and sunshine with warm weather will cure it, but it looks like a week or two before I'll be getting in there. I'll try get a picture of it as soon as we can open the doors.
Scoot

Scoot, I have 2 pallets of them, just let me know, I'll be GLAD to send you some.

If you need, many have same keys, you might want to replace them all, and have just 1 key for all.

Valv,

I sent you an e-mail and got it back. Changed e-mail addy's?
The boat I have is a 1700 Alumacraft Tournament Pro CS. I believe it's a 1998 model, but I may be off by a year.
Are the locks on that universal? Will I definetly be getting the right one if I have you send me one, or do you need to see the old one? I can even mail you the broken lock if it's easier. I won't bother if you're sure you'll send me the right one.

How much is one?
Scoot

Valv,

It looks like the chrome one is the one I need. My boat is still in storage and will be for a while, but I may want to do some business with you at some point in the next month or so. I'll need to pull the mechanism in question so I am sure everything is a match. It does seem like a decent idea to replace them all, as they are all a little questionable.

Just wanted to let you know...kind of keep this topic fresh. I'll keep you posted on my needs.

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any additional info for me.

Thanks.

Whoops, sorry guys I was bringing more parts in, and I didn't check site for few days.

Scoot, if lock is like 1st link, I can let you have as many as you want for $1.00 each, and they are all keyed same, so even if you'll receive keys for all of them, they will be same key. But if you can send a picture of it, I can see if I have something else

Huskminn, price for you is doubled..... wink.gif just kidding, same price, if you let me know what you are looking for I can see what I have, I just received another truckload and today I am outside counting and listing rolleyes.gif

------------------

Val Vignati
www.kvesurplus.com
[email protected]

The price is always double for me.....no matter where I go.

It may be a little while before I'm ready to work on this, but I'll keep you posted.

Trying to figure out when I'm going to have time to pull the boat out of storage and start prepping it for opener. Hopefully this or next weekend.

Are you still down south?

It looks like the locks aren't the style of the kind I have in my boat. I couldn't remember what they looked like until I looked at it last night.
Scoot