• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Davenport Area Fishing

I am an avid fisherman from northern Minnesota and have been spoiled with all the area lakes. I just took a job as a teacher and track coach at Durant High School, I am new to the area don’t know where to start looking for fish. I would appreciate any fishing spots in the area and species to fish for.

Thanks for all the help

Toad,

I am from North Central Iowa so I can't help you out on specifics on lakes in that area, but I think McBride and Coralville are somewhat close, but then again I really don't know where Durant is exactly, I think west of the Quad Cities. If so, you do have the ol' Mississippi.

Your first stop as you cross the border is to stop at WalMart and buy the Sportsmans Atlas. It has in it all the Public hunting area and parks owned by the DNR and the County Conservation Boards. In the park descriptions it will tell you if there is fishing. The secind item you need to buy there is a book on the lake maps in the state of Iowa. I don't know if you can buy it at Cabelas or not. The third spot is to go to the Iowa DNR HSOforum and they have most lake maps on the HSOforum as well as info about the lake.

Hope this helps.