• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roadside haying

a47mlb

Some state and county Hwys are entirely owned by the state and counties. Most twnshp rds and some county and state roads are an easement agreement of some sorts.

With that being said Road Authorities, state, county, twnshp must mow the first 8 feet known as a safety cut. They must also cut down thistle and other obnoxious weeds. That does seem like a waste of time and money since most farmers use a crop that is weed spray ready.

Road authorities cannot clear cut mow until the 1st of August under state law.

Most properties that have an easement from a road authority have thier property pro rated for taxes as property that they can't really use. Just go down to the court house and inquire about it.

While the road authority has it's easement it is PUBLIC PROPERTY!

Mowing it is an option for getting some feed for your own livestock where your own land abuts the road, but doing it for selling is wrong and I hope that changes soon. I can't sell walleyes that I catch from a public lake that I pay taxes for. Why should you be able to sell ditch hay?