• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite map?

BassNBeer

Curious to what kind of maps everyone uses? Hard copy, GPS, etc??

Any tips to reading them and also whats the best way to find the good spots one you have them marked on the map? I have a FL18 vexilar on the front of my boat, and your typical lowrance on the console. Do you prefer trolling around to check the depths, motoring through?

I always see those nice plastic Lakemaps in almost any gas station/walmart etc....seem to be pretty nice. I'd appreciate any input.

THanks

I use the lakemaster in my Lowrance GPS. When I go to learn a new lake or river though, I will download the map from the DNR and check depths and all that fun stuff. Then try to find it when I'm out there. Trolling to find depths and fish is a good thing to do, then once you find them you can jig or lindy for them.

I have a Navionics chip in my GPS. It takes a lot of the guess work out of finding the spots you want to fish in the lake. I do have hard copies of maps of lakes that I fish which are good for seeing a larger picture of the lake, the GPS screen is pretty small to see the whole lake in the great detail although it will work if needed. The GPS is great for putting yourself on the spots you pick with very little effort.