• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance ifinder hunt c trouble

MattNy

Question

I'm having trouble with my lowrance hunt c gps. it takes 15-20 minutes to find satellites even when i have new batteries and a clear day. anyone else having this problem? does anyone know what i can do to make it pick up satellites faster?

4 answers to this question

It sure seems like this a common problem with the Hunt's... I have two friends who have or had them - one friend replaced his three times through lowrance and ended up biting the bullet and downgrading (without any refund) to a H20 and never had another problem. The other friend still has his, but is experiencing problems like you're describing (which is the same problem the other guy had trouble with).

I don't know what's different between the Hunt and H20, but the Hunt sure seems like it has problems.

marine_man

Yes...The H20 Hunt is a pain.

I've never gotten mine to work right...I've sent it back and replaced it once. Thinking about sending it back again.

Sometimes I do days without it connecting...

I have noticed that some area's seem to connect faster then others though...but do not know why.

Go to pages 79 and 80 of the instruction manaul. Use the initilizing command to get the unit to search for the right sattelites. If you turn on the unit tooo far from where it was used last it needs to be told to look for different sattelites.