• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camera/Lens Issue

My daughter - who is no longer with us - dropped my camera. It now over exposes severely. My question is - is it the camera or the lens? Everything seems to work except the metering. The lens is a 2.8 70-200 and the camera is a 30d. I'd obviously try another lens but don't have one. Any service center recommendations? Anyone want to adopt a 12 year old?

Thanks.

Dirk, my cat did that once, thought the strap hanging down was a play toy. These things do happen crazy Your best bet here is to send the camera back to Canon. I would send both the camera and lens together. They will check and calibrate the focus of the two together as well. There are two main service centers, one in Irvine, CA and the other in Jamesburg, NJ. I've used the NJ facility and was extremely satisfied with them but both centers have great service.

I don't know what the current backlog is right now with them but I would expect it is around 2 or 3 weeks. I am a Canon Professional Services member and my last trip from my shipping to back in my hands was 4 days, but without a CPS membership I have heard the above time frame.

Good luck with the camera, they are replacable...but 12 year olds are not. Someday you will laugh, just not in the near future cool