• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout-heads.?..Lakers, Landlocked

TomBow

Say you were fishing Lake Trout in a Canadian deep water lake in early June. The fish have gone back deep. What would your tackle and technique choices be?

We have gotten a few on big tubes and trolled Cleos.

Any info, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best of Luck,

TomBow2weeksToCanada

If you have a vexilar/graph try to locate structure and do some deep jigging w/ buckshots, swimbaits and buzzbombs. Otherwise try pulling spinner rigs w/ minnows or deep cranks like rapala taildancerdeeps/reefrunner deeps. You could also sink a smelt/ciscoe on the bottom from a your campsite/choice location.Good luck!

redhooks

You can also pull any kind of flutter spoons with some weight attached. I run my weight above a swivel with a 4-6 leader attached to that.

Lakers, even if they are deep, will come up and hit something that is in the top 25% of the water column.

The easiest tactic I have used were bottom bouncers and a 3/4 oz little cleo. I know the last time I fished for lakers it was a little later I believe early July. We fished anywere from 45 feet down to 100 with bottom bouncers anywhere from 3 oz to 6 ounces.

However the way in which we got the most was with the use of line counters, dipsy divers, and spoons or large rapalas. with the line counters and dipsy divers we could find the depth where the majority of the trout were hanging out.

However while we got the majority of the trout deep we did get the occational one shallow in the water collum as stated by lakerunner