Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norsky

Yamaha 50 horse four stroke

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the tilt and trim on this motor, or maybe knows of a good place to get it checked out. It's a '99 and I can trim the motor up whenever I hit the switch but it won't always go back down. When I hit the down button, it just makes a click but doesn't go down. I have to hit the switch up and down a few times and then it will go back down. Thanks for any help/info.

check and clean all of the connectionon the trim and tilt they my look clean but run a wire brush across them

I have an 98 and when I first got mine it did the same thing. It was an anoide problem. When we were working on it a Fixed guy was around who works on cars. He took a screw driver and touched the two aniodes together in the front of the motor to see if they were live. There was a big spark and the thing has worked perfectly every since. Bad, very bad move on his part I do not recommend doing this ever. The reason he told us that he even tried it was that the anoide was clicking when he hit the Switch. Which mad him think it was an aniode issue.

Jens

Maybe a relay problem? Sounds like it. I have the same motor, have never seen this. I had a evinrude 115 that did the same thing, replaced a trim relay and worked perfect since.

TL