• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GMC cabin air filter

I own a 1995 GMC Sierra. Before I purchased the truck it was owned by a farmer and subsequently the interior was extremely dirty all the time. It was detailed before I bought it and is surprisingly clean. However, when ever I have the heat on high I get a distinct smell of dirt and dust. Is there a cabin air filter i can replace? Or is it just all the dirt in the air ducts that is causing this? Thanks for any help.

I would not think a 1995 would have a cabin air filter, but I could be wrong. Someone else might chime in with some better info.

Now, the evap coil and heater plenum can get dirty and stink. Short of removing and cleaning, I have had good luck turning heater/a/c blower fan on high and spraying Lysol disinfectant spray right in the cowl grid (air intake), in front of the windshield. You can switch the selector modes and get all the air ducks.

Good luck.

I am pretty sure there is no filter in this system. About all you can do is remove the blower motor, and resistor and wash out what you can, then take the air hose and blow out the rest. It may help some, but you wont get it all.

I am surprised that the newer vehicles don't have them. When I do PM's at work, the Sterlings have them and they are filthy to say the least. In fact, the air cleaners for the engine usually have a long way to go, but those cab air filters, well, I am surprised air can get through them.

Nope no filter. The new trucks don't even have them. They have the slots, but no filter. I think only 99-04 Gm trucks have filters.

We have a 99 Suburban and an 04 Silverado, neither one has a cabin filter.

99 Suburban was the classic style, I believe. Probably why it didn't have them. My 2000 Z71 had them and my 2002 2500HD has them. Maybe 2003 was the cut-off.

I remember that they are pretty expensive to change. I thought I paid over $50 for cabin filters.

I know this is true threw Ford, but if you contact the Dealer's parts department, they might have a kit you can buy and install for a cabin air filter in a veh. that did not have one from factory.

Good luck!

There is a product called ozium I have used it with good success but you must use it sparingly, it can get very overwhelming.

Find the air intake for your HVAC system and put a short spray into it while on full. Not a miracle cure, or snake oil, but I have encountered positive results.

Good Luck.