• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Spring Warblers!" (pics)

On the way back from the St.Louis River this afternoon,I came upon these different warblers flitting about and chasing each other...I'm pretty sure of the "Yellow-Rumped" myrtle variety(whiteish throat not yellow)...but not so sure of the "yellowish" colored one...Kinda looks like a "Palm Warbler"(western?) but not real sure...they were all flying around chasing each other.....was tough to get "any" pics since thet didn't sit still long enough for those "perfect" shots grin

Frame_DSCN2045-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1020229-1.JPG

Frame_P1020242-2.JPG

Frame_DSCN2052-1copy.jpg

and this warbler was also mixed in with the others,not sure what it is,not the best image for sure.."grab shot" out the truck window

Frame_P1020218-1.JPG

Thanks MM!....I still find it unusual as to why 3 different species were "interacting" so willingly and freely amongst themselves....the majority of the dozen or so birds were "yellowrumped" but there were about 3 "Palms" and a couple "Nashvilles"chasing each other in mid flight almost appeared to be teasing and playing...not "driving each other off" type behaviour....and coming back and fourth and interacting for close to an hour...they were still doing this after I left....but then again ,I've never taken the time to pull over on a country road and watch a bunch of warblers long enough to see what they were doing grin....always learning!