• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Houston County

goblueM

Hey all,

I'm going down fishing in houston county tomorrow, just wondering if anybody had been fishing any of the streams down there and could give a general action report (or share any sweet new spots I can check out, hah ;\) )

Maybe wander into a few morels too... hopefully they'll be popping soon

I haven't talked to anyone who's fished HoCo lately, but I'm sure conditions there aren't too different from everywhere else where fishing has varied from day to day. We've had consistent rain so water conditions have been up and down all spring.

Let us know how you do! \:\)

Report from today:

looked for morels with my buddy until 2, then hit the stream. He'd never been trout fishing before - ever - but we did really well. about 30 rainbows and 5 or 6 browns in 3 hours of fishing. Had 2 rainbows landed that were 14 inches, broke off one that went 16 or so. Also caught several chunky white suckers. I was using an UL rod I just built, with 2 lb test. Lots of fun but man sure was tough keeping them outta the snags.

Couldn't believe how much the creek had changed since the flood... huge deep pools where there had been nice slow runs, and super steep gradient in places where there'd been riffles. Seemed to improve the area I fished in any case