• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Night Eyes

I may be way behind the times but i just found that the company that makes the LED lights that clip on the bill of your cap (Cat Eyes I think) also make them in a green and black light version. I decided to try some of the neon orange new Sufix braid and couldn't believe how well it showed up in the total dark in my garage with the black light. I guess the jury is still out on if the Suffix braid is good line, but I'm going to try it at night for sure. I've used the glow bead at the top of the leader at night but I'm sure being able to totally see the line will help me handle night fish much better. The cost was only about $10 as well.

But what about when you get sick of wearing a cap while fishing??? How are you going to clip on the cat-eyes??? I found a good LED headlamp at the orange home improvement store for $17... it has 3 modes... spotlight, floodlight, and night vision (red)... its definitely worth it... and you can use it with or without cap as it has an elastic band... I'll try to use night vision when Im fishing and see what happens...