• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Keeping Swallows from nesting under the boatlift canopy

NCLaker

What we use is bird netting that you use to protect berrys in the garden. Just attach a 2' wide strip in the area were they would nest. Their afraid of getting tangled in it, it works great and is almost invisible. HTB

... This year I came up with the idea to hang a tinsel skirt around the inside part of the canopy that hung down to bottom of the canopy frame (so it was not visible from the outside). So far seems to be working GREAT! But it has only been a week.

2 weeks and still no Swallows trying to nest. Yeah!!!!!

The fix used in my original post seems to be working great. As for the new pontoon canopy ... I haven't had to do anything. I think the pontoon boat may sit too close to the corners of the canopy frame which may be why they are not nesting under it (22' pontoon, 24'canaopy).

Hopefully it will last. If they do come back, I know have some other possible options. Thanks all for your input/ideas!