• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replacement Windshields?

Question

Okay, so...I just learned the expensive lesson of "Always make sure your walk-thru windshield is closed before driving your boat".

My boat is a 2001 17' Starcraft Starfire 170LE with a walk through windshield. The windshield itself is in 3 sections, with a left, middle (that swings open) and a right.

My main problem now is that the dealer has told me that they might have to order an entire new windshield (all 3 sections) in order to replace it.

There's no way that is going to be cheap, so I thought I'd check and see if anyone knew of a place that did custom glasswork or a place that sold brand-specific glass/plexiglass panels to fit boats.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

That was really bad, I'd like to hear the replies, I have my Sylvan, I was installing one of these snap button on side window, drilled hole, screwed snap in....puff the whole side window shattered, I must have drilled right on edge of glass and when I screwed snap, I did put too much pressure on glass....GRRRR mad.gif

Val