• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Evinrude Motor

Question

I noticed yesterday that the water line that pumps the cool water back out of my motor was broken. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement. I really hate to pay someone big bucks to replace something that looks fairly simple.

1 answer to this question

If it is the rubber hose that attaches to the engine cover you should be able to get that at NAPA or any other parts store?

Make, model, year all may vary but odds are it is a hose you can get in bulk at a local auto store.

While your looking over your Evenrude look to see that your internal fuel lines are in good shape. If they look weather checked or squishy replace them with ALCOHOL RESISTENT fuel line hose and you will headed off future fuel line problems at the pass. Odds are if the water return line is shot, the fuel lines are not far behind!

New fuel mixtures containing ethanol or detergents tend to disintegrate the inside of the old fuel line hoses as they age, plugging up the screen or jets on the carbs. This is a simple job to replace the fuel lines and good insurance for lasting performance of your motor.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html