• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster 10" auger with 2HP motor?

Question

I was thinking about buying a Strikemaster 10" power auger with a 2Hp motor and I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with them. I have used a 9" and really liked the light weight and speed of it but I have heard that the 10" augers are slow. Has anybody used one? Do you like it?

3 answers to this question

I had a 10" Strikemaster 2 hp auger and I did not like it. The 2 hp is not enough for the 10" auger. The auger would "grab" the ice instead of cutting through it. I would have to lift the auger up to free the blades and then drop it down again. It also bounced around alot and did not cut a "clean" hole, the hole would end up being more the 10". This was a brand new auger with sharp blades. I returned it the next day and got the 8". What a difference!

------------------

I have a 10" 2hp auger. I bought it new last year and never had a problem. It started on the first or second light pull and it I cut up to 20" of ice in no time flat. Granted the 8" might be a little faster but why is everyone in such a hurry? Fishing is supposed to be relaxing! I wouldn't give up my auger for anything!