• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help !!! Perch hints

I ice fish perch on Mille Lacs frequently and I think nothing nails 'em there quite like a " HALI ". This is a dropper rig right out of the package (don't have to tie your own dropper line between spoon and hook). My UserName will give you a good idea what my second favorite perch jig is. (However, the jig by that name has very little to do with why I chose this username).

Gullguide,

Well, day one, the "Perch runway" was landing quite a few "Jumbo Jets", however, the second day it was in dire need of an "Air traffic controller"!!!

Case in point: Don't go back to the first day tactics on ice especially if a strong weather pattern comes through!

Jim W

Hi Folks,

I'm finally getting a chance to post a reply.
I appreciate the tips, keep'em coming.
As for Ms or Mr. ikeepnonslots(it's to bad they deleted the post)....He or she sounds a lot like my two fishing buddies Capt. Stress (we all take blood pressure medicine because of him)and MiniFish Miller(he calls himself MaxiFish, but that's a joke) Hey, we go out and have a great time whether or not we catch fish. Isn't that what this life is all about, loving, laughing, enjoying, helping, etc!!! We even have more fun off the ice,
joking, kidding and sometimes we might even
stretch the truth a little....LOL

Slots, just to show you what kind of
people we are in Michigan, I'm inviting you
to fish with us on Lake St. Clair. (first fish, doesn't have to buy breakfast)Let me know.
Sincerely, CanCanFish

If you can get one perch cut his stomach open and see what hes been eating. Ive also used the contents as bait and this usually produces another bite, though the contents are not always usable.

...and now the rest of the story..... You guys have got to know the WHOLE story about the fellow claiming to be CanCanFish... I'm the fishin' buddy of his who has to put up with his "fishin stories!" :-) His proper name, that which was given to him on the ice several (many) years back is actually Can't Fish and it is usually addressed as Can't Fish followed by his last name. Now Can'tFish does do a lot of fishin' but has posted here trying to find a way to out-do Capt. Stress and myself (MaxiFish)... I guess I can't blame him as he really does need the help! :-) :-)
However, he's is right in that it's the friendship that we share that has made fishin' so much fun even when they have decided not to grace us with any activity. Outdoors, with friends, having a good time AND sometimes catching the limit is FANTASTIC. I too ivite ya'll, even the nay sayers, for a trip out on Lake St. Clair but think the last to catch a fish should buy breakfast.... so, breakfast will be on Can'tFish who is A.K.A "mudpuppy" :-) Catch a bunch, have fun and keep sharing the tips.

Hi Folks,
Do any of you scent your spikes(maggots)or wax worms???? I have been putting some finely
chopped garlic in with my spikes. Some old-timer told my buddy about it and said it seems to work for him when things slow down.
For me, I'm still in the trial period. When I fish with them, I seem to have trouble concentrating on fishing, reminds of FOOD!!!

Speaking of worms and maggots, whenever MiniFish posts, make sure you take what he says with a grain of salt, maybe you better get some rock salt. Don't get garlic salt or you might be thinking about FOOD !!!
Have a GREAT WEEKEND !!! CanCanFish