• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster ultra mag -3 blade 2hp

Has anyone used one or seen one in action?
Looking to get a new auger and found a deal on this one.Currently have an old single blade 3 hp. Jiffy.
Just checking with the experts to see what you guys think.
Thanks.......Kappy

I bought one this December, I never had an auger so the only things I have to compare it to are my buddies Jiffy's. One has a 3 1/2 hp 10" and the other has a 3hp 8". Both of those are only about 2-3 years old. Mine starts and runs better and digs holes just as fast. Right at break through it wants to grab if your hole isn't straight up and down where the Jiffy's don't seem to do that as bad. I like the 9" hole and mine is so much lighter than those other big hogs its unbelievable. I would like to compare mine to some other 2hp augers to see if I needed to spend the extra $$. I will tell you if we have my auger and one of the hogs on the ice and one of those guys walks off to dig more holes they always grab mine and its because of the weight.

If you read the posts on WC about the new # blade design it doesnt seem that to many people are happy with them. I guess they ice up pretty good after the second time you use them. Some people emailed and asked for sugestions and they said to use Silcone spray, wd40, pam, etc. I guess after the did that it still didnt help. Strike masters are a good auger but I would try to get my hands on the other blade design.