• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishtrap voyager

skinnylee

SLICK had it out twice this weekend Ithink it pretty tough unit we were in some wind today wife thougt she had a sailboat just a lot of little perch I THINK it will be a good house easy to pull i hope this helps

slick,
I have a fish trap guide and the fabric is very strong, you can cut a hole in it and pull on it as hard as you want and it won't spread. the sled has also held up well for me, i walk or drive onto the ice, so i am not sure how well it is behind a snowmobile or anything... i don't know how well a voyager would be on windy days, it seems like the extra height on it, that allows you to stand, will really catch the wind. i guess it depends how many people you plan on fishing in your house.. i thought about getting the voyager for extra room but i am glad i got the guide, fits 2 great..

Rap, have you had problems with the wind with you fish trap guide? I have one and I was on the Mille Lacs the other day and the wind was terrible. wish they would have put a few more straps on the side of the canvass to connect to the poles. HAs anyone done that to there house yet. KOOBA

i've been out in alot of wind in the trap before, and i'd have to say it isn't very fun in those really big wind gusts.. i usually bring some dumbbells with to put over each pole on each side, that helps alot, but i've noticed that my poles have been coming loose when shaking in the wind eventhough they have lock nuts on them... it's nice to be able to drive out now, so i can put the house behind the truck on the windy days..

I bought the voyageur last year and really like it. The room for two people is great. I too was on Mille Lacs over the weekend in the wind and that I have found is the only drawback. It sits up high to accomadate head room, therefore having more area exposed to the wind. I had to set the 20# tank in the sled to hold it down. Other than that I really like it, and it pulls find, we walked out approx 1/2 mile.